Rob's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 06, 2005

    Keynote with Steve B. part 1

    I was good and only hit the snooze button once this morning as today is the big keynote with Steve Ballmer. I’ve been trying to eat healthier and workout more so I decided to skip the conference buffet breakfast and grab a low-fat yogurt. To my surprise there was a huge line to get into the keynote at 8:30am. The line moved fast and I got a pretty good seat.

    The keynote started with the delightful Samantha Bee (from the Daily Show) hosting the TechEd version called the TechieShow. She got everyone laughing…

    Steve came out to a hardy applause in the traditional Microsoft attire, long shelve blue dress shirt. Like always he was excited about everything and moved back and forth across the front of the stage pumping his fist. Here are a few notes I took from his presentation. I don’t calm for this to be completely accurate nor complete…

    Steve said there has never been a more exciting time to work in IT

    TechEd sold out in 6 weeks (over 11,000 this year)

    2005 is the 10 year anniversary of Windows 95 and noted that a lot has changed in 10 years

    • Dot COM boom and bust, Cell phones, Digital Music / Cameras and .Net

    The title of his talk was “Enabling People to Drive Success” and based his remarks on Bill Gates recent writings on “The New World of Work”

    • Better Customer interaction
    • Improved personal productivity
    • Unified Communication
    • Team Collaboration
    • Timely Rights Information
    • Engaging in business process
    • Spotting trend
    • etc

    Samantha Bee returned to the stage and went through the top 5 Requested request by Information Workers. (Very funny)

    Then they showed a video by Avanade about Connecting People and Information.

    By now I had given up getting the wireless to work for me.

    Part 2 coming soon.

    No comments: