Rob's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 19, 2005

    San Diego

    Suggests on having fun in San Diego (Note: I’m a family man that doesn’t drink so my definition of fun my be a little different)

    • Enjoy San Diego! The weather is great in July but it can get a little cool in the evenings so a light weight jacket or sweater is recommended.
    • Near the convention center there are the Embarcadero Marina Parks that are right on the water which are great for a morning jog or evening walk.
    • The place at night is the “Gas Lamp” district. That’s where most restaurants and bars are located. There will also be lots of ESRI staff and conference attendees there at nights
    • Go to a Padres game, the stadium is right downtown near the convention center. There are games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights and again on Thursday afternoon.
    • The Thursday night party is great! But I would suggest going a little late as there is always a big line to get in when the party starts. They never run out of food so I wait till the line goes down.
    • At the party, stay till the fireworks show around 9:00pm. The fireworks are launched from a boat in the bay and it’s quite impressive.
    • I recommend going to Old Town San Diego for dinner one night. There are several really good Mexican restaurants. I can’t go to San Diego without having dinner at the Old Town Mexican Café. They have the best tortillas in the US in my opinion.
    • For beaches, I recommend Mission Beach. California beach water can be a little cold so be prepared.
    • La Jolla Cove is another great place to visit and watch the seals.
    • If you are bring your kids, I recommend the world famous San Diego Zoo.
    • For shopping, Horton Plaza is right downtown and there is also the Sea Port village. (Don’t forget to bring something home for your significate other).

    See you in San Diego…

    No comments: