Rob's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, December 30, 2005

    Goodbye to 05

    Well it’s the last work day of 2005 here at ESRI.  Monday (Jan. 2nd) is a holiday and I think most people are going to take advantage of another long weekend.  I’m leave early today as a good friend is getting married here in Redlands at the LDS Temple.

    2005 has a big year I’m hoping for even bigger things in 2006.  Here are some of the highlights of 2005.
    • Taking part in the FedUC in Washington, DC

    • The launch of the EDN program in February at the Business Partner Conf.

    • The release of ArcGIS 9.1 (ArcReader gets support for 3D)

    • UC 2005

    • The explosion of GIS bloggers

    • PDC 2005 in LA

    • Seeing the Vertigo Tour 4 times.

    • Being part of the European User Conference in Warsaw and the first ever Nordic Developer Conference in Stockholm

    • The announcement of the ESRI Developer Summit

    • Development complete on beta for ArcGIS 9.2 and the announcement of Explorer.

    2006 should be another exciting year as there are lots of opportunities and challenges to be better and start new things.  On a personal note, the other big highlight for me this year was the fact that I final lost some weight and got in shape.  Thanks to the Body for Life program, I lost nearly 70 pounds in 2005 and feel great.

    No comments: