Rob's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 11, 2006

    5 years ago

    Five years ago on September 11th, I woke up and went straight to the Redlands YMCA and there while on a treadmill quick learned what was happening in New York, DC and Pennsylvania. I was shocked by the live images on all the TVs in the gym and returned home to tell my wife.  It was hard for use to believe what was happening on live TV but we couldn't stop watching. We didn't eat breakfast and I remember missing a meeting that morning about the ArcReader and Publisher release. 

    A lot has happened in the 5 years and as I was at that same YMCA this morning, my heart went out to the many that lost their lives that day five years ago. And I hope that I will never have to return home and awake my wife with such awful news.

    No comments: