The Geodatabase Toolset is now available for download. It is composed of tools used to investigate and diagnose geodatabase performance issues. The tools are designed to work with the geodatabase and the ArcMap and ArcCatalog applications within the ArcGIS Desktop products (ArcView, ArcEditor, and ArcInfo). The Geodatabase Toolset also provides the ability to generate descriptive reports for analysis. The tools are organized in two sets, each hosted in ArcCatalog and ArcMap.
In ArcMap, the Geodatabase Toolset is used to review and design characteristics of MXDs, refresh performance, and provide DBMS tracing. In ArcCatalog, it is used to review enterprise geodatabase information.
Many of the tools provide tables containing numerical information that can be exported to external files that can be archived, sent to technical support, or imported to Excel.
Diagnostic tools include
- Editing information
- DBMS statistics
- Picture showing hierarchical relationship of states and versions
- Visual display and numerical information of spatial index definitions
- Relative fetch timer
- Refresh timer (per layer)
- Ability to start and stop DBMS tracking
- Ability to review layer information relevant to performance