Rob's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 09, 2006

    Email overload

    I took some time off last week and went to Utah to enjoy the fall colors. I'll post some pictures soon...

    I had a great time but now I'm dealing with with an out of control Inbox. I've been spending most of my time in Outlook going through the 100s of emails I got while on vacation.

    Ever time I'm out of the office, I plan to stay on top of my mail but it never seems to happen...

    Anyone have any tips for keeping email under control?

    "Luck is when opportunity knocks, and you answer."

    -Unknown author

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    You need to be assertive Rob! A couple of rules I like to use...

    When CC'd on emails, auto respond...

    "You have copied me in on an email, it has not been read, but deleted. If you really want me to read it, please send it to ME."

    When on vacation...

    "I'm on vacation, your email has not been read, but deleted! Please resend on my return on X date."