After a great demo by Fred on ArcGIS Mobile where he built a custom app in VS 2005 and deployed it to a Windows Mobile SmartPhone...
Up next, Shelly G (Product Engineer) showed everyone the developer opportunities of ArcGIS Explorer.
- The free standard version of Explorer with additional data from a ArcGIS Server
- A custom task built in Visual Studio that imports an Excel spreadsheet with address
- This was done using the ArcGIS Explorer SDK which provides .NET developers everything needed to extend the functionality of Explorer.
- Custom "map tips" that showed additional information for each of the addresses that were imported into Explorer
- Another custom task that created routes based on the results of importanting the address from Excel
- The final point was to show how easy it is to deploy custom task powered by ArcGIS Server
Up next, ArcGIS Online.