Rob's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 11, 2007

    6 years ago

    Today is September 11th and that means 6 days ago the US was attacked and most of the world watch the the haunting images from New York and DC live.  I will never forget being at the gym (Redlands YMCA) and watching the TV screens. When the second tower was hit and then the Pentagon, most people stopped exercising and we all stood there in shock as we watched.

    Today, once again I was at the YMCA and watched the TVs as they replayed the events of that morning 6 years.  A lot has changed since 2001 but I hope I don't forget feelings I had that morning and the days after 9/11/2001.  There is a lot of good in the world but there is also a lot of hate.  I hope my kids are able to grow and live in a safe world and never take for lightly the freedoms we enjoy in the United States of America.

    Lincoln from the Washington Monument

    No comments: