Rob's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 25, 2008

    Back at it…

    Summer is over, the kids are back in school and all my big summer trips and conferences are over.

    The ESRI User Conference in San Diego went well.  Big crowds and lots of excitement. The week before the conference, I was in the High Sierras on a 70 mile backpacking trip with my church’s Scout unit.  It was a great trip and I’ll never forget and eventually I’ll get my photos organized and posted online.

    I’ve also completed 3 more Sprint Triathlons.

    Camp Pendleton (Oceanside, CA)

    • 500 yard ocean swim
    • 30k Bike
    • 5k Run

    Hard race to do right after the backing trip and the User Conference but it was a good to get my 1st ocean swim over.

    Lake Arrowhead Tri (Lake Arrowhead, CA)

    • 600 yard swim
    • 10 mile bike
    • 5k run

    Great location and a much easier swim the Camp Pendleton.  The only problem was that I forgot my bike shoes so I had to ride with running shoes on the tiny SPD pedals. But I still had good time (for me) and finished 11th in my super competitive age group.  The best part was beating a relay team of 3 good friends.

    Spring Valley Tri (Victorville, CA)

    • 800 yard swim
    • 14 mile bike
    • 5k run

    This was my best race ever!  I felt good on the swim, powerful on the bike and finished strong on the run. I finished 6th in my age group and 16th overall. And took 15 minutes off my total time since a similar race in May. So I’m happy with my improvements for year 1 of doing triathlons.

    No comments: