Rob's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 25, 2009

    Camp Pendleton Triathlon Report

    A few weeks ago the family and I packed up and went to Oceanside, CA for some beach time and the Camp Pendleton Triathlon.  It’s a big race with over 1200 participates but what made it extra fun was that 6 other friends from Redlands joined me for the race along with many of our kids.  IMG_0666Transition area is right at the edge of the sand so you start on the sand and fight your way through the waves for the swim.  The swim is tough with the strong current and waves.  Last year I nearly gave up as I was not ready for the the big waves.  But I did a lot better this year and improved on my time and felt really good.

    cp02The bike is mostly flat with a few hills and going through Camp Pendleton.  I felt good and reached my goal of doing the 2nd half of the bike leg fast then the 1st half.  I stayed aero for most of the bike but did have some stomach cramping.

    The run is boring and the only bad thing about this race as you cp05 - Copyare basically doing loops around parking lots.  I did pretty good on the run but still need to work on my speed to make up for my slower swim.

    Great day and a lot of fun with the family and friends. This is my 2nd time doing the race and really like it.  Here is the group shot of all the families in our group from Redlands.group shot

    No comments: